Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Put a Kami on the LS today...

  1. #1
    Inactive Member PickleTeg's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 18th, 2006
    Posts
    44
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Well...this place is so slow that I figured i would posst something this boring. I got rid of the cheap 4-2-1 I had on my car and put a Kamikaze 2.5'' header on with an Omnipower test pipe. I have not put it on the dyno but the butt dyno gives it two thumbs up. For Jim: I am pretty sure I am over the 215 whp mark...we might just have to see if I swing up your way soon. The car seems to have lots more power all the way through the powerband and a lot more up top.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member vactor's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 19th, 2000
    Posts
    318
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    no kidding. the board is slow. maybe people are just too satisfied with how well their cars are running ?? i know i am [img]tongue.gif[/img] anyway, good job on that header, they sure free up some power [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member blownLS's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 15th, 2001
    Posts
    190
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Well, since we are talking boring stuff...

    1. I too have recently put on a Kamikaze header. My 8 year old DC Sports 4-2-1 was leaking out of an old crack in the 4-2 "Y" section. The new header seems to add a little more in the top end.

    2. My A/C idler pulley sheared off (don't ask me how) got lodged between engine bay wall and my custom U/R over/under crank pulley. It ground off the A/C ribs completely and put deep gouges and nicks all over the pulley. It is not usable now so I put on a CRV crank pulley from e-bay. So I have added 5lbs back to the crank pulley and dropped a PSI on the ol boost gauge. I am still out on the A/C. The whole condensor assebly will have to be removed to get at the reminants of the idler pulley. It has on gotten up to the mid 70s so far here in WA so no sweat yet!

    3. The M62 (Type R kit) is not on yet. I still need to find a machine shop to modify the intake manifold to fit the LS head. I also noticed the Hondata gasket lines up perfectly on the stock manifold but is slightly off (2mm) on the type R manifold, so I will have to open up the ports a little bit. My ultimate project plan is to run the M62 on my LS at around 10psi with 15-25 shot of nitrous to act as a redneck intercooler and have it all controlled and tuned by hondata. The small shot will lower intake temps over 150 degrees and the bottle will last a long time. We will see. It has been hard to find time these days for the project as I am balancing kids and military life. I will keep everyone posted.

    I miss hearing from you all. Please feel free to chime in on your problems and successes, regardless of how small. I would like to see this board active again.

    Cheers!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •